Looking For Somthing?

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Take Time Part 1



I don't know how many of you have seen the new Pixar movie "Up" but, it is really one of the sweetest movies I've seen in a long time. Summing up the heart felt truth that simple love is the adventure of life time. I cried. Yes, I cried. I couldn't help it! I told my mom afterwards that I don't know I would have cried like I did if I wasn't in this season of being head over heals in love with Samuel. 

My dad took us to see the movie in 3D. Their first 3D movie and it was an experience let me tell ya! haha! So much fun! 

With all the time it takes to plan a wedding, and an out of state one at that-as a family we decided that no matter what each week we would all go do something out of the house together. Whether that is go to the cafe for an early dinner, go to a movie-just hang out and get  a smoothie. We are going to make time to do simple things where we can be together, not letting the our daily business dictate to us our heart time with each other. 

It's so easy to get swept away in deadlines, phone calls, multiple texts and chats with people coordinating vendors etc. Then, by the end of the day I might find myself realizing that I didn't go down and give my dad a hug good morning or tell my mom she looks beautiful and that I love her new earrings. I was too busy cutting out that cool flower arrangement out of the new Modern Bride Mag for my idea book or just had to send that email. When the truth of the matter is- there will always be things to do and things to plan, but I won't again have today. 

I can't let my day tell me what to do, I'll just do a tailspin if I do that. I have to stay flexible of course but, keeping the priorities of my heart in check. Perhaps family is at the top but by actions many times it can relate a different message if you're not careful.

It's so fun to enjoy simple moments. Don't miss them. Don't hold back an "I love you." "Gosh, you look gorgeous today!" "You are so fun to hang out with!" We all need to hear encouraging kisses of the heart.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think?