Looking For Somthing?

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sweetgum Drive




You know, it's raining right now and as much as I was planning on starting off writing about my cute, cozy little cottage tucked away in the woods of South Carolina, I'm going to begin differently. 

It's raining. I love rain. I love to listen to rain, dance in the rain but mostly right now-sit with the one I love and watch, listen and enjoy the wonder of it all. 47 days seems non-ending. 

Sam said last night, "Why does it seem like the weeks get longer, the days stretching on and the distance greater?" I knew exactly what he was saying. The closer it gets to the time you have been waiting for the piece of your heart that has coped with the distance enabling you to  stay functionning slowly starts to switch off and you're ready baby! It's these last weeks that are the most precious, full of anticipation and longing. 

"Hang in there Jess." I keep telling myself. "Only 4 more weeks 'til you see your man." "4?" Sigh...I ask the question with fading steam and stamina. Time makes you realize your love in a way that the immediate can't.  Distance causes you to hold your love out in front of you and inspect it's intricate delicacy, causing you to see more beauty than if you were close and content.

Do I like or enjoy this season of separation? Um...no. Am I choosing to see the beauty and love in it? Absolutely. Some days better than others. 

So, let me put it this way, I'm desperately looking forward to my Sweetgum drive days in the near future. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think?